Tuesday 2 April 2013

Review- Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Absolute Platinum 00A

Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Absolute Platinum 00A

Review

Absolute Platinum 00A
I thought I would give going blonde a go. I truth I have lightened my hair many times BUT before it has only been for the purpose of putting a semi-permanent unnatural color on top. I have dyed my hair grey before which was very pale and very close to a natural blonde shade.

They Say: Those Born Blonde As Babies Make Gorgeous Bottle-Blonde Adults

Now I WAS NOT born with blonde hair. I was born with black hair that lightened up to a very dark brown as i grew up. On the other hand, my mother, father and younger brother were all blonde with blonde hair. Maybe...just maybe...it might look ok on me?

 Only One Way To Find Out...

The packaging includes (left-right); Live Color Conditioner, Lightening Creme, Developer Lotion, Application Tip, Blonde Booster Ultra Plus
Recommended for use on medium blonde hair, dark blonde to light brown, medium brown

Before Using Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Absolute Platinum on My Hair

Front of my head, hair is (mostly) directions violet, and you can see my very dark brown roots

Back of my very hairy girl head, the blue parts are SFX Sonic Green mixed with Directions Violet

 

After Using Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Absolute Platinum on My Hair

Right Side of Head
Left side of my head, I intentionally did not dye my undercut because I wanted to keep that part my natural color

 

The Verdict

Were the instructions easy to understand for the mixing?

Yes, very easy. Very clear 5/5

Was the application straight-forward?

 The thinness of the opening to the application tip made it very easy to get in there with the roots. During the waiting time, I barely felt any itchiness on the scalp at all after the first 10 minutes. 3/5

Did the included conditioner work very well?

 My hair was (as expected) quite damaged from the lightening. However, the conditioner smelt lovely and it softened my hair and made it feel...almost...in good condition. 4/5

Do I like the end result?

I love it! Despite its recommendation for using it on hair no darker than medium brown, it worked FANTASTIC on my dark brown roots! My hair is (mostly) a lovely platinum, if not a little on the creamy yellow side. There IS a yellowness there, but not very much. I'm very sure that I can tone it out. There is a bit of semi-permanent hair color lingering on my hair, but since most of it is Special Effects (the strongest semi-permanent dye out there), I will not blame it on Absolute Platinum. 4.5/5

Overall Rating

5+3+4+4.5 = 16.5

Divide that by 4 

4.125

To the nearest whole number, I would rate this 4/5

Would I use this again? Yes, I certainly would! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay 40 views! Please do leave a comment if you like my post or even a hint of how I could make this review more useful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out really well bleached ^^ you're so pretty and so is the haircut! :) xx Camilla

    ReplyDelete