Monday 6 May 2013

Review: Nice 'n Easy 106 Natural Medium Ash Blonde

 

Today we go Ash Blonde with Nice 'n Easy

Nice n' Easy 106 Natural Medium ash Blonde
 I have had pale platinum blonde hair recently and silver hair recently. I decided that I love them both so much that I would choose something in the middle of blonde and silver. In my opinion, ash blonde has similar tones to silver so that it what I went with. 

Platinum Blonde (After I recently bleached my roots)
 
Silver hair (recently BEFORE I did my roots)

So what were the results of using Nice 'n Easy 106 Natural Medium Ash Blonde?

Before
Before
After

 After: Camera Shot Without Flash

 
After: Camera Shot With Flash

The Verdict

Were the instructions easy to understand for the mixing?

I found them very easy to understand. 5/5

Was the application straight-forward?

The application went quite well. The thin nip on the top of the application bottle makes it very easy to get in there with the roots. However, points are down because I had QUITE A LOT OF ITCHINESS on my scalp before it was time to rinse the product out. I did get a little worried during application because it looked turned a pale brown BEFORE rinsing, but maybe that was to be expected? Because of the itchiness, I will have to give this only a 1/5

Did the included conditioner work very well?

It did not seem to have any scent to it (nice or bad). I like that you get enough for one application every six weeks. However, I did not think the conditioner was that useful because I found it a bit hard to distribute just a small amount on my hair.  I found the conditioner almost kind-of dry. 2/5

Do I like the end result?

Hell yeah! Really, really DOES look like the color on the box! It was recommended for medium blonde to medium brown hair and I was surprised that it worked so well on my VERY PALE (dyed) PLATINUM BLONDE hair. It looks fantastic! 5/5

Overall Rating

5+1+2+5 = 13

Divide that by 4 

 3.25

To the nearest whole number, I would rate this 3/5

Would I use this again? Yes, I certainly would!

However... next time I WILL do an allergy reaction test first to be on the safe-side! I would really like to know whether the itchiness was a one-off thing or whether my skin might have a health problem with this product or one of it's ingredients.

 

But seriously! EVERYONE should do an allergy test before the application of ANY hair dye products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment