Sunday 7 July 2013

Review- Scwarzkopf Live Color XXL Shake it Up Foam in Dark Chocolate Delight

The Pursuit of Natural Color

I decided that it was time to go to 'au natural' I'm naturally a very dark brown and I chose something a bit lighter than my natural brown. Since my best friend swears by Schwarzkopf's Shake it Up Foams, I decided to give it a go. I chose the 'Dark Chocolate Delight' shade. 

 
I used the shade on the bottom furthest right I DO NOT OWN THIS IMAGE

 Before

Violet by Directions over Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Cyber Purple

 After

Schwarzkopf it Up Foam in Dark Chocolate Delight

 

The Verdict

Were the instructions easy to understand for the mixing?

Yes, I would daresay that the 'shake it up' dyes are even easier to mix than the regular Schwarzkopf box dyes. 5/5

Was the application straight-forward?

 I found it very easy. I would say that it does drip a bit though. 3/5

Did the included conditioner work very well?

Yes, it was in a little sachet rather than a little tube which I would have preferred. The conditioner itself smelt lovely and made my hair very smooth. 3/5

Do I like the end result?

 It is a MUCH DARKER brown than it shows on the 'milkshake' packaging. It did not cover all of the purple all that well. However, it was very shiny. Still, I was not very impressed at all. 2/5

Overall Rating

5+3+3+2 =13

Divide that by 4 

3.25

To the nearest whole number, I would rate this 3/5

Would I use this again? No probably not. It IS a nice shade of brown, but definitely 2 shades darker than it shows on the packaging. I may still try out the other 'shake it up' foam dyes in different shades one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment