Saturday 30 March 2013

5 Useful Things I Found Out From Dying My Hair

I have been dying my hair for almost two years now. I have picked up, found out, and experienced a lot. 

5 Useful Tips For dying hair:

Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Red Passion (permanent)
 1. Forget color retaining shampoo or conditioner for unnatural color hair. A far, far better remedy for washing hair and maintaining your colour is baby shampoo! Any brand, from any shop, baby shampoo is so gentle on the hair.

Schwarzkopf Ultra Brights in Fiery Copper (Semi-permanent over bleached hair)
2. If you have green eyes (like me) then hair colors that are especially good for bringing out the eyes include red, orange, and violet. Any other color can look good, but these ones really made my eyes pop!

A mix of dyed on the top and on the shaved sides I used Fluorescent Glow by La Riche Directions (semi-permanent, used over bleached hair)
3. In my opinion, unnatural hair colors can look good on any length of hair and on any skin color.  Personally, I think bright pink hair looks amazing on anyone with black skin. I very much like pastel colors on Asian skin. Olive skin tones look great with pillar box red hair.This is just suggestions on what I think suit people, you DO NOT have to just stick to what I say. 

Apple Green by La Riche Directions (semi-permanent over bleached hair)

4. Unnatural hair colors that come from the rainbow can act as a great starting point if you want to create your own individual look. It can even give you a confidence boost! Not everyone out there will understand unusual hair, but being recognizable and unique is something that really should be treasured more in society!






Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL in Cosmic Blue (permanent) with a bleached 'slice' in the fringe with La Riche Directions Violet and La Riche Directions Rose Red (semi-permanent)
5. It is a really cool idea to take inspiration from fictional characters that you adore. I took a lot of inspiration from my favourite pony Twilight Sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment